Research and Innovation
Mykolas Romeris University engages in fundamental and applied research, takes part in national, regional and international research programmes and projects, and practically applies research results and disseminates them to the public.
Priority research area of Mykolas Romeris University for 2015-2020: SOCIETAL INNOVATIONS FOR GLOBAL GROWTH
Major research programmes:
- Justice, Security and Human Rights.
- Social Technologies.
- Sustainable Growth in the Context of Globalisation.
- Improving the Quality of Life and Advancing Employment Opportunities.
- Continuity and Change of Values in Global Society.
Main scientific indicators and achievements:
- In collaboration with progressive European and Asian universities: University of Bologna (Italy), Middlesex University (United Kingdom), Linnaeus University (Sweden), University of Zagreb (Croatia), Uzhhorod National University (Ukraine) and Dongseo University, Josai University, Huazhong University, Mykolas Romeris University have launched the Knowledge Consortium Social Technologies for Smart and Inclusive Society (SOCTECH).
The overall aim of the result-driven the Knowledge Consortium (SOCTECH) is to unite higher education institutions, as well as business companies to implement the vision of smart and inclusive society via social technologies based innovations.
The objectives of the Knowledge Consortium European-Asian Social Technologies for Smart and Inclusive Society will be the following:
• take part in research, educational and entrepreneurial projects under European and Asian funding schemes;
• facilitate co-creation and exchange of interdisciplinary knowledge;
• promote cross-continental exchange of students, academic and administrative staff;
• encourage cultural and entrepreneurial cooperation;
• enhance international and inter-sectorial service to society at
individual, organizationaland systematic level.
If you would like to join the European-Asian Knowledge Consortium Social Technologies for Smart and Inclusive Society, please notify us via e-mails: email@example.com.
- Our researchers publish over 1000 articles in
recognizedscientific journals and a great variety of monographs, textbooks, and learning materials annually.
- The academic staff of our University
organizesover 20 international and more than 30 national scientific events each year.
- Mykolas Romeris University provides doctoral education. The number of doctoral students is increasing annually and now totals up to 170 students.
- Mykolas Romeris University’s researchers carry out a great deal of contract-based research, the results of which are applied in Lithuania and abroad. Mykolas Romeris University closely cooperates with
businesscommunity as, for example, with the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists and the Association of Lithuanian Trade Enterprises. Different national and international state institutions constantly approach our researchers for expertise and consultations.
- Mykolas Romeris University has a wide network of contacts and ties worldwide; our scientists cooperate closely with partners from Austria, Estonia, Latvia, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, France, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, etc. Our researchers take part in numerous scientific research and educational networks including European Doctoral Programmes Association in Management and Business Administration, the European Union Expert Group on Gender, Social Inclusion and Employment, Connex Doctoral Network, New-Neighbourhood Doctoral Network, Nordic-Baltic Doctoral and Young Researchers’ Network; European Network of Masters in Children’s Rights, etc;
- Mykolas Romeris University publishes nine periodical peer-reviewed scientific journals: "Jurisprudence", "Social Work", "Public Policy and Administration", "Intellectual Economics", "Social Sciences Studies", "Social technologies", "Health policy and management" and "Business systems & economics" which are included in international databases.