Are you looking to specialize your law studies further? Do you want to enhance your career prospects? Looking to do an internship while studying to become a master of law?
If the above questions came back with positive answers, stop wandering where to study. Master degree in Private Law might be just the education you are looking for. Become an expert in private law – a discipline, aimed at solving legal cases between private institutions and individuals.
Study in Vilnius, the capital city of Lithuania. Take your studies in English and enhance your career value by adding a fluently spoken second language. It will also prepare you to study abroad, taking joint studies at our partner Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in Ukraine. Spend your first year in Kyiv and your second year in Lithuania, experiencing two different cultures and legal systems. At the end of your studies, you will be awarded a double diploma by both universities in Lithuania and Ukraine. To take full advantage of this course, you will be required to know English at B2 level.
Learn from a team of eminent lecturers about the pressing topics in private law. Our study programmes include international protection of human rights, procedural and corporate law, alternative dispute resolution and much more. Finish your law studies with a master’s thesis, where you can showcase your theoretical and practical knowledge you acquired.
After 2 years of studies, you will receive your master degree in the field of law. You will also be awarded 120 ECTS credits for your future studies. Upon completion of your degree, you will be able to work in the private sector, engage in professions of notary, bailiff, bankruptcy administrator, as well as in the public sector and in academic and research institutions.
Take a chance to experience true international studies with MRU. Here you will find a low tuition fee, making this master degree even more enticing. We also have scholarships for master studies available at our university. You can find more information on scholarships available here.
Check out more information on Private Law lecture content below and decide if this program is best for you. Contact us if you have more questions. If not, hit that Apply now button and get your degree started!
- 1st year at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2nd year at Mykolas Romeris University, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Final examination (end of the 2nd year) is held in Kyiv, Ukraine
Application via Taras Shevchenko National University website.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent first university degree diploma in Law (3-year study duration minimum)
- Academic Transcripts of each study year
- Document proving English language level
- Passport Copy
By submitting the documents applicant agrees for one’s information to be shared with other institutions that the University might refer to while processing the academic verification.
Required level – B2
Assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2:
- TOEFL Paper 513-547
- TOEFL IBT 65-78
- IELTS 5.5-6.0
If you do not have a certificate proving your English language proficiency level, you can take the University Online English language level test. You will be able to choose this option while filling in the application. The test is free of charge.
Certificate is not required if your native language is English or if your previous studies were conducted fully in English language.
- If the original educational documents/transcripts are in English, Lithuanian or Russian with an apostille (if required) on the scanned original, no translation needed.
- If original educational documents/transcripts are not in English, Lithuanian or Russian languages, then they have to be supplemented with an official translation.
- The official translation has to be confirmed with the sworn translator’s signature or official notarization.
- Accepted students shall present their original educational documents/transcripts to the International Office upon arrival to begin their studies.
Recognition of Foreign Qualifications
- The evaluation and recognition of prior qualifications is a part of Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) admissions process.
- By submitting the online application you confirm that the documents are legitimate and that MRU can verify the authenticity of the documents by contacting its issuing authority and national ENIC/NARIC centre.
- Documents uploaded must be in good condition and in full colour. Documents issued in languages other than English, Russian, or Lithuanian must be accompanied with an official translation into English or Lithuanian.
- Before you apply make sure that you have a complete documentation package and that your qualifications are giving access to higher education according to the study programme level you are applying for at the MRU.
- The purpose of an assessment is to compare a foreign qualification with a similar level qualification awarded in Lithuania according to quality, profile, content, workloads and learning outcomes.
- Your qualification will be assessed according to specific requirements for the programme you are applying for and whether your academic results are sufficient for studies at the MRU.
Right to Appeal
Recognition decisions can be appealed against to the Academic Recognition of Foreign Qualifications Concerning Higher Education Appeal Committee under the Lithuanian Ministry of Education and Science.
All appeals with supporting documents must be submitted to:
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
Address: SKVC, A. Goštauto st. 12, LT-01108, Vilnius, Lithuania
Tuition fee: €2624 per 1 academic year (at MRU) (academic year 2020-2021)
Payment information will be provided in the invoices issued in your online application form.
Student continues to pay the same tuition fee which was implied at the time of the admission.
Senior Manager for International Admission
Ph.: (370 5) 271 4674
Manager for Marketing and Communication
Ph.: (370 5) 271 4522
Possibility to take part in online lectures. Flexible schedules allow combining studies with work.
MRU is #1 in the area of Law among all Lithuania’s universities according to “QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020”.
3rd among all of Lithuania’s universities by internationality (“Reitingai” magazine, 2020).