Career Centre

MRU’s vision and goals are directly linked with a high quality of studies, which are ensured by positive evaluations by experts from Lithuania and abroad. This creates opportunities and helps foster students’ abilities to better adapt to a competitive labor market.

The MRU Career Center is responsible for dealing with MRU students/graduates career issues.

Main Activities of the Career Centre:

  • Provide information, consultations to students relating to work and employment issues;
  • Provide consultations relating to career issues;
  • To maintain and develop relations with MRU social partners;
  • To  help organize company, organization, presentations and seminars for students relating to employment issues;
  • To undertake analysis of graduate integration into labor market;
  • To coordinate MRU Alumni activities.

Career Centre services by e-mail:

Individual Career Consultations

It is possible to meet on an individual basis. A consultant will help you:

  • prepare a CV oriented to your employers,
  • to create an effective job hunting plan, to become acquainted with different job hunting methods and sources,
  • to prepare for a job/internship interview (to teach you how to properly present yourself during the interview).

We invite you to register for a career consultation:


Work in Lithuania

Students from EU or European Free Trade Association do not need a visa to enter the Republic of Lithuania. They can come and stay in Lithuania for 3 months and after that at the local Migration Department they must apply for the Certificate signifying their right to reside in Lithuania. For EU citizens, the process of employment in Lithuania is quite simple, they do not need any additional document.

Non-EU students willing to work during their studies in the Republic of Lithuania must obtain a Temporary Residence Permit and then can work up to 20 hours per week during their studies at Mykolas Romeris University. No additional work permits are required. Phd students can work full-time.

After graduation, non-EU students can apply for a Temporary Residence Permit for 12 additional months for a job search and self-employment purposes. During these 12 additional months no additional work permits are required from the recent graduates.

Later on, if employment in the Republic of Lithuania continues, graduate should timely apply to renew his/her Temporary Residence Permit on the grounds of Employment contract and also obtain a work permit from the territorial Employment Services office. In order to obtain a Work Permit either an Employer or a graduate himself can apply.

Migration information centre (MIC) “I Choose Lithuania” consults international students on questions related to legal stay in Lithuania, social guarantees, health care, work and employment free of charge. Consultations in the centre are in Lithuanian, English and German languages.

“Relocation Guide” will explain every step that you might face before and after coming to Vilnius – from basic information about the city, job offers and documentation to accommodation, gym or kindergarten search and joining various communities and organisations.