Erasmus+ traineeship (outgoing)
Who can participate?
- Students of full-time and part-time studies granting any level of degree, who comply with the following criteria, may participate in the selection for mobility for traineeship (placement).
- Whose study programmes include a placement/practice (traineeship) as a compulsory part of the study programme. If the number of applications of other candidates is not sufficient, the Faculties Selection Committee may award a grant to a student whose study programme does not include a compulsory placement/traineeship. In this case the Mobility for Erasmus+ traineeship shall be included in the Diploma supplement as an additional subject;
- Whose weighted average of all semesters is at least 7 (seven);
- Who do not have more than 1 (one) academic debt;
- Who have sufficient knowledge of a foreign language in order to communicate and do the traineeship in a foreign language (working language of host organization/enterprise);
- Who have an approved position of traineeship abroad in an enterprise eligible for mobility for traineeship. A form needed for the traineeship position is available here
- Who have no financial debts to the University (all financial debts must be covered by the date of submission of the application);
- Who have a valid permit to reside in the Republic of Lithuania temporarily during the whole planned period of mobility for traineeship (except citizens of the Republic of Lithuania). If student applies for a longer period of traineeship (e.g. 4 months) then student must have both – a valid permit to reside in the Republic of Lithuania during the whole planned period of mobility for traineeship AND a national visa of the receiving country (where the host organization/company/university is located). Please plan to have sufficient time to apply for national visa of the receiving country;
- The students who have undertaken a traineeship (have performed the traineeship) provided for in their study programmes may participate in the selection for mobility for Erasmus+ traineeships. The selection committee has the right to select a student who has not had a work placement (traineeship) yet;
IMPORTANT!! Students who have previously participated in mobility for studies and/or traineeship under the Erasmus+ programme may participate in the selection for mobility for Erasmus+ traineeships, if their total period of studies and/or traineeship according to Erasmus+ programme jointly with the new mobility for Erasmus+ traineeship period in the same cycle of studies will not exceed 12 months.
IMPORTANT!! Only active student status gives legal ground for formalizing the traineeship. Students who have suspended their studies at MRU cannot undertake Erasmus+ Traineeship.
- What are Selection Criteria and how is the Competitive (Selection) Score calculated?
Competitive (selection) score = A+B+C
The selection of participants of the competition shall be carried out according to the following criteria:
- The weighted average of all studies (at least 7 points);
- Compliance between the results of the traineeship and the traineeship results required in the study programme;
- Motivation to do the traineeship abroad under the Erasmus+ programme.
- Where can I go and what are the sizes of Erasmus+ Grant?
The Erasmus+ Grant for traineeship is a grant awarded by the University to a student for mobility for traineeship. The Erasmus+ Grant for traineeship shall be intended to cover the additional mobility costs (not for covering all costs of studies or traineeship abroad), i.e. traveling and insurance costs, learning the foreign language (if necessary), and for reimbursement of higher cost of living in the foreign country (in comparison with Lithuania).
Country groups and sizes of Erasmus+ grant for traineeship applicable for students who are selected in Academic year 2020/2021:
The Size of Erasmus+ Grant for Traineeship (applicable for students selected in 2020/2021 academic year)
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, the United Kingdom
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Italy, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Malta, Portugal, Spain
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Turkey
Deadlines in the academic year 2020/2021
|Application deadlines||Announcement of the results of selection|
|I||until 10th of August, 2020||2020.08.27|
|II||until 10th of September, 2020||2020.09.17|
|III||until 10th of October, 2020||2020.10.17|
|IV||until 10th of November, 2020||2020.11.17|
|V||until 10th of December, 2020||2020.12.17|
|VI||until 10th of January, 2021||2021.01.17|
|VII||until 10th of February, 2021||2021.02.17|
|VIII||until 10th of March, 2021||2021.03.17|
|IX||until 10th of April, 2021||2021.04.17|
|X||until 10th of May, 2021||2021.05.17|
|XI||until 10th of June, 2021||2021.06.17|
|XII||until 10th of July, 2021||2021.07.17|
Selection procedures according to the terms and individual selection.
- According to the set deadlines (see Table 1).
- Individual selection.
Procedure for submitting documents:
- University students who wish to participate in the competition must log in to “My STUDIES” and fill in a required electronic application form;
- A Letter of Acceptance (to be completed by the host Organization) for a Traineeship position abroad in an Eligible Enterprise under the Erasmus+ programme;
- A coordinated and approved Learning agreement for Training– first part which is titled “Before the Mobility” (applicable for individual selection only).
ATTENTION! You have to find and choose a traineeship position suitable for your study programme yourselves. The following traineeship offers do not necessarily meet a specific field of study.
Organisations that assist in finding traineeship:
- BALTIC UNION(Cyprus)
Consult and help to find traineeship and work places
- Placement Slovakia(Slovakia)
Traineeship offer for students in various fields of study
Traineeship offer for students in various fields of study
- LETravel (Malta)
Traineeship offer for students in various fields of study.
- Partnership International(Ireland, the United Kingdom)
Intermediary for placement in various fields (duration: from 4 to 26 weeks)
- Educa International( Czech Republic)
Helps students find traineeship in fields of teaching, tourism, business and IT (duration: from 2 to 12 months)
Offers placements and internships (from 2 to 18 months)
- Internships spain-internship.com (Spain, Italy)
Internship offers in fields of marketing, IT, engineering and design, tourism, education, communication
- At Almond Vocational Link Ltd(United Kingdom)
Assists in finding internship in fields of accounting, administration, communication, IT. marketing and tourism
- Erasmus Student Network(ESN)
Offers an internship database http://erasmusintern.org
- Animafest Experience organisation (Spain)
Intermediary for internship in the tourism sector (duration: from 3 to 6 months)
- “Training experience”(Spain)
Offers and assists in finding internships. You can also contact them via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “European Student Placement Agency Ltd“(Great Britain)
Offers internships (duration: 6 months)
- Paragon Europe(Malta)
Assists in finding internship in international business and communication, economics, human resources, marketing and other fields (duration: minimum of 3 months)
- Placement in Portugal (Portugal)
Intermediaries for finding internships in Portugal
In order to finish the Erasmus+ Traineeship settlement and receive the final 10% of the Erasmus+ grant, the student has to submit their Final Report documents, not later than 30 calendar days from the date of completion of the traineeship abroad. If it is not possible to submit all the documents of the Final Report within 30 days after finishing the traineeship, the student must contact the International Office by e-mail to email@example.com and explain the reasons. According to the Financial Agreement for Erasmus+ Traineeship, if the student does not present the documents in time, the University has the right to request the student to return the Erasmus+ Traineeship grant. The Final Report includes the following documents:
- A LETTER OF CONFIRMATION showing the traineeship period abroad. The Letter of Confirmation has to be signed by the supervisor of the host organisation and sealed. The original paper must be brought to the International Office at MRU (I-302), the copy formatted in PDF must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: if the Erasmus+ Traineeship period was shorter than it was planned in the Erasmus+ Grant Agreement, Mykolas Romeris University will calculate the final amount of the grant according to the real duration of the mobility period and a part of the grant could be requested to be returned back. The mobility period cannot be of less than 2 months, in that case the entire scholarship must be returned back.
- TRAINEESHIP CERTIFICATE. Third part of the LEARNING AGREEMENT FOR TRAINEESHIPS (Section “AFTER THE MOBILITY”) filled in, signed and sealed, sent by e-mail to email@example.com;
- ON-LINE QUESTIONNAIRE (EU SURVEY). At the end of the traineeship period, the student will receive a link to the on-line report by e-mail from the Mobility Tool. After filling in the on-line questionnaire, a PDF version of it will be sent to the student e-mail. A copy of the completed questionnaire must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, writing in the subject of the mail “(Your Name and Surname) Questionnaire on the Erasmus experience“. The on-line EU Survey must be completed and submitted within 30 calendar days from the end of the mobility period. Students who fail to complete and submit the on-line EU Survey may be required to return back a part or the full Erasmus+ grant.
- ON-LINE LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT TEST.The student will receive a link to the on-line language assessment test by e-mail (from the Erasmus OLS) at the end of the Erasmus traineeship period.
- FEEDBACK:the student will be required to write a feedback about their traineeship in order to encourage other students to apply for Erasmus+ and send it with a picture to email@example.com; The feedback and the picture will be published on the MRU Erasmus+ Facebook page.
|MRU Faculty||Academic Erasmus+ coordinator||Contacts|
|Law School||Vice-Dean for International Relations and Studies: assoc. prof. dr. Dovilė Gailiūtė-Janušonė||Room: V-344
Ph.: (370 5) 271 4597
|Faculty of Public Governance and Business||Vice-Dean for Studies: assoc.prof. dr. Lidija Kraujalienė||Room: V-503
Ph.: (370 5) 271 4657
|Public Security Academy||Vice-Dean for Studies: prof. dr. Danguolė Seniutienė||
|Faculty of Human and Social Studies||Vice-Dean for Studies: prof. dr. Linas Selmistraitis||
International Office run student consultation hours from 2-4pm, Monday to Thursday, in room I-302. Feel free to come and visit us at the office!
IO Traineeship coordinator Mrs. Laura Jakubsevičienė can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for individual appointment via MsTeams.
Follow Erasmus+ news on facebook – MRU Erasmus+