Funding and Scholarships
MRU seeks to ensure that all of our students receive high quality education regardless of their financial situation, therefore, please find all the available scholarships for prospective international students listed below.
- All the listed scholarships are funded either by the Government of Lithuania or Mykolas Romeris University
- There might be additional funding from students’ countries of origin
- All EU citizens are able to apply for state funded studies
- Scholarships for current international students are listed here
Who can apply: applicants for full-time Master degree studies who are citizens of the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Belarus, the People’s Republic of China, Georgia, the State of Israel, Japan, the Republic of Korea, the Republic of Moldova and the Republic of Ukraine and foreigners of Lithuanian origin.
Financial provisions: €390 per month for the whole study period.
Criteria and more information here.
Who can apply: applicants for Bachelor or Master degree studies who are citizens of the Republic of Ukraine, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Georgia.
– partial tuition scholarship from €360 to €800 for Bachelor degree studies depending on the chosen study programme
– partial tuition scholarship from €880 to €900 for Master degree studies depending on the chosen study programme
*Possibility to get the partial tuition scholarship in the following study years depends on study results (the average of grades should be no less than 8)
**For enter joint or double degree programmes students partial tuition scholarship can be offered during the study period in Lithuania only
Who can apply: applicants for Bachelor or Master degree studies who are citizens of Kazakhstan.
Financial provisions: full tuition fee coverage for the whole study period.
– excellent academic results from previous education
– English language proficiency (at least B2 level)
– 1 recommendation letter from teacher who is well aware of candidate’s academic excellence
– statement from the Center for International Programs or from Bolashaq Development Fund that a candidate is pre-selected for scholarship
Who can apply: Bachelor or Master degree students regardless of their country and type of study financing.
Financial provisions: €152 per month for one semester.
Criteria – very good learning results and active involvement in sports, artistic, scientific and social activities.
Who can apply: best-performing Bachelor or Master degree students (state-funded and non state-funded) from target foreign countries*
Financial provisions: 1,5 BSB (1 BSB = €39) provided 2 times per year (autumn semester (September-January)/ spring semester (February-June)) and is paid monthly
Criteria: best-performing students in the academic unit are determined each semester by their learning results (average of the last session grades – at least 8). With a uniform weighted average of the last session, the overall weighted average of the ratings for the previous session is taken into account, and if it is the same, the entry score.
*list of the countries is approved by the Rector on the proposal of the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs
The doctoral education is financed by state assignations and tuition fees.
The state also provides competitive financing opportunities that are organized by the Research Council of Lithuania. These programmes offer funding for candidate’s internships, participation in national as well as international scientific events abroad, and also financing for academic staff visiting Lithuania to deliver lectures for doctoral students and to participate in doctoral thesis defense.
Additional financial support to doctoral candidates may be provided on the bases of the national or international programmess, ex. Erasmus, The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) and etc.
The Eastern Partnership countries: Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia.
ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Lithuania priority export market countries: Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel.
– ~€390 per month for Bachelor and Master degree students
– ~€468 per month for PhD and resident students
More information here
Who can apply: people from anywhere in the world who want to study a master’s program that is helping in making the world more sustainable.
Financial provisions: up to €5000 tuition fee coverage for the fall/autumn semester of 2021.
More information here