Micro-credentials/Skills Academy – transferable skills development program for students. Due to ongoing changes in the labor market, in order to stay competitive and develop careers successfully, there is need for new competencies, reskilling and upskilling. MRU aims to respond to the needs of students and employers, providing opportunities to develop transferable skills, which will help to successfully integrate into the labor market and adapt to change.
Since the beginning of 2023 we have been developing a platform, where you can find various trainings aimed at developing transferable skills here
Areas of training: leadership, creativity, personal effectiveness, personal career management, stress management, etc.
Course duration is 27 hours, of which 8 ac. hours are allocated to classwork and 19 hours are allocated to self-study.
Upon successful completion of the training, a micro-credential (1 ECTS) is issued in the form of a digital badge.
Trainings takes place in groups (up to 15 students). The trainings are conducted by MRU professors, social partners are invited as guest speakers and contributors. Skills Academy trainings are free for MRU students.
Follow us and register!
Digital Badge Programme is a competence development programme, that gives extensive learning opportunities. MRU students can acquire and improve their knowledge and skills by participating in academic, volunteer, mentoring, career development as well as other extra-curricular activities and obtain a digital badge as a proof of their knowledge and skills. Participate in activities and events, develop your skills and build your dream career!
The programme is available on the www.edu.mruni.eu platform. We invite you to register and collect badges as a digital proof of your competences!
You can get a digital activity badge as confirmation for:
- Participation in Student Council of Mykolas Romeris university (SCMRU) activities as a group coordinator (group leader), a student representative of the committee of the study field, a student representative of the council at the academic unit, a student representative of the university senate, a SCMRU member, SCMRU President, a member of the Presidency, a member of the Presidium, a chair of the board of governors, or a student mentor;
- Participation in career development events;
- Participation in trainings;
- Representation of MRU in sports competitions and tournaments;
- Scientific activities – presenting research work at a conference, preparing a scientific article etc.;
- Participation in a mentoring programme;
- Artistic and cultural activities;
- Participation in international events and activities.
Digital badges can be acquired:
- Independently- scan the QR code of the activity/facility and collect your badge;
- By receiving an invitation from the programme coordinators to collect your digital badge.
Upon the request of the student, a certificate containing a list of badges acquired during the study years may be issued.
Participate in the programme, develop your leadership, teamwork, planning, communication, creativity and other skills, and build your digital competence portfolio!