Law Studies No. 1 in Lithuania.
MRU is #1 in the area of Law among all Lithuania’s universities according to “QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023”.
Have you finished your master degree studies? Are you looking to become an expert in your field? Are there topics you wish to research in detail and find answers to? Do you want to find solutions to some of the problems faced in various fields of law?
If any of the questions above raise your interest, then you’ve come to the right place. Doctoral degree in Law will help you achieve all of those goals. At MRU, we invite you to take your doctoral studies in social sciences and elevate your education to become a true master of law. Graduate from the university that is rated to be among 250 best universities worldwide in the field of law.
Conduct your studies in English, to solidify your status as an international expert of law.
Doctoral studies and their duration depend on the form of studies you choose: full-time studies (4 years) or part-time studies (6 years). Persons who have independently prepared a doctoral dissertation (or monograph) and have scientific publications can obtain a doctoral degree externally (within 1 year).
In order to successfully complete doctoral studies and obtain a doctoral degree after defending a doctoral dissertation, you will need to pass the exams, publish at least two scientific articles in scientific publications, present research findings at least two international conferences, and do an internship at foreign research and study institution.
By choosing the topic of a future dissertation, you can examine a specific legal problem or explore a field of law from a philosophical perspective. Your dissertation preparation and research will be supervised by a scientific supervisor who is a specialist in his/her field.
At MRU, you will also find a comparatively low tuition fee, together with potential state and private scholarships available.
PhD studies and research are coordinated by the Doctoral Committee of Law. Contact Social Innovations Doctoral School that organizes the process of doctoral studies for more information. And if you’re all ready and eager, submit your application now!
Admission to state-funded PhD study places is planned for summer 2024.
Persons who have independently prepared a doctoral dissertation (or monograph) and have scientific publications can obtain a doctoral degree externally.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by tel. +370 5 271 4469; +370 659 510 30.
Please register to receive updates about the admission: https://forms.office.com/r/quTpxa2d8t
- If the original educational documents/transcripts are in English, Lithuanian, French or Russian with an apostille (if required) on the scanned original, no translation needed.
- If original educational documents/transcripts are not in English, Lithuanian, French or Russian languages, then they have to be supplemented with an official translation.
- The official translation has to be confirmed with the sworn translator’s signature or official notarization.
- Accepted students shall present their original educational documents/transcripts to the International Office upon arrival to begin their studies.
Recognition of Foreign Qualifications
- The evaluation and recognition of prior qualifications are a part of Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) admission process.
- By submitting the application you confirm that the documents are legitimate and that MRU can verify the authenticity of the documents by contacting its issuing authority and national ENIC/NARIC centre.
- Submitted documents must be in good condition and in full colour. Documents issued in languages other than English, French, Russian or Lithuanian must be accompanied with an official translation into English or Lithuanian.
- Before you apply make sure that you have a complete documentation package and that your qualifications are giving access to doctoral studies.
- The purpose of an assessment is to compare a foreign qualification with a similar level qualification awarded in Lithuania according to quality, profile, content, workloads and learning outcomes.
- Your qualification will be assessed according to specific requirements for the programme you are applying for and whether your academic results are sufficient for studies at the MRU.
Right to Appeal
Recognition decisions can be appealed against to the Academic Recognition of Foreign Qualifications Concerning Higher Education Appeal Committee under the Lithuanian Ministry of Education and Science.
All appeals with supporting documents must be submitted to:
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
Tel. +370 5 210 4778
Address: SKVC, A. Goštauto st. 12, LT-01108, Vilnius, Lithuania
- For doctoral students admitted from 2020: Regulations of the Doctoral Studies in the Field of Law Science of Mykolas Romeris University with Vytautas Magnus University
- For doctoral students admitted from 2017: Regulations of the Doctoral Studies in the Field of Law Science of Mykolas Romeris University with Vytautas Magnus University