For students - MRU

For students

Study Process and Work Organisation at MRU 

National Certificate (Covid passport) will discontinue as of 5 February. More information.

It is recommended to wear medical mask or respirator at MRU.

The organization of studies in the spring semester

  • Flow management rule

During the rapidly changing pandemic situation, in response to it and in consultation with the responsible authorities, we decided to avoid full contact learning and manage student flows at the University during the spring semester. Therefore, we have established a rule that lectures attended by 40 or more students will be conducted remotely. To see if your lecture will be held remotely, check the spring semester schedule. The remote lecture will be marked “Moodle environment”.

Other lectures and seminars are conducted in a contact manner, unless otherwise specified in the study program. If you have any questions about the study organization model applied in your study program, please contact the study program manager.

  • If you are unable to enter Lithuania due to COVID-19 restrictions on movement between countries

Please submit a request to the dean of the faculty for permission to study remotely during the spring semester, stating the reasons for the inability to enter Lithuania. Send the request to your study manager by email. After evaluating the reasons specified in the request, we will inform you about the decision made.

  • What security requirements apply to contact lectures?

It is recommended to keep a minimum distance of 2 meters between persons in contact classrooms, including outdoor auditoriums, and to wear medical masks or respirators (only recommendation). In all cases, a distance of at least 1 meter must be maintained between persons.

  • How will the interim and final exams or tests take place?

The decision on the method of interim and final tests (remote or contact) is made by the lecturer of the study subject. If the lecturers decide to take the exam by contact, it is ensured that there are no more than 40 students in the classroom and that a distance of at least 2 meters is maintained between the persons in the room.

  • If the lecturer is required to self-isolate

In this case, the activities of the lecturer are transferred from the audience to the Moodle environment for the period of self-isolation. The teacher informs the students about these schedule changes.

  • If the student is required to self-isolate

The student informs the lecturer about the mandatory self-isolation. In this case, the teacher broadcasts his / her sessions via the platform specified in the Moodle environment (MS Teams, BBB) so that the student (s) who are unable to participate in the sessions can watch the sessions remotely. The teacher is not obliged to ensure the involvement of such a student in the study process.

  • If at least half of the students in the group are in self-isolation

At the request of a group of students, the studies of such a group of students are transferred to the distance by the decision of the dean, but not longer than for two weeks. A group of students request e-mail to your study manager.

Key Tools for Distance Learning: Moodle Environment

How to Connect to Moodle?

Connect to the Moodle virtual learning environment via Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser (latest version). Login instructions can be found here.

How to Use Moodle?

Connect to virtual learning tool Moodle and read the Moodle Student Manual.

What to do, if you don’t see your studies subject in the Lecturer’s environment?

  • If you are a MRU student, all semester subjects are connected automatically.
  • If you are an Erasmus student, you can register to the subject course with the enrollment key – ERASMUS. If you are unable to connect, contact your Lecturer or write:
  • If you have academic debts, or returned after a studies break, an academic vacation, please contscy your Lecturer and you will be connected to your subject environment.

How are activities scheduled in Moodle?

In the Activities schedule, at the set time, connect to Moodle (with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome newest version) and select the subject environment in the schedule. Lecturers usually present tasks in the Moodle environment and usually present tasks, various tests, mini-exams. You will find learning materials, links and video materials here.

How to Participate in the Virtual Activities Broadcast?

In the Activities Schedule, at the set time, connect to Moodle (Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome – newest version) studies environment, and select and press on the Activities link provided by the Lecturer and connect, selecting:

  • “Microphone” – if you will be talking with your Lecturer during the Activities period;
  • “Listen Only” if you do not need to communicate with the Lecturer.

If the Lecturer uses another video conference means (for example Skype for Business), connect to this platform. You will see the link in the studies environment or in the e-mail sent to you by your Lecturer or by other means.

How to Avoid Technical Problems During the Streaming of Activities?

First of all, try to prevent technical difficulties before participating in the activities broadcast. MRU’s IT Centre recommends that you have earphones, a microphone, and a camera. Use wired Internet. High speed is not necessary for video and audio streaming of activities, however it is affected by inconsistent Internet speed also. This manifests itself in disruptions, sudden, instantaneous stops. That is why it is recommended during the entire virtual activities period to disconnect the operation of other programmes on the Internet (for example uTorrent, Internet TV, etc.)

Secondly, it is worthwhile to take into account important technical parameters. Although virtual streaming of activities is appropriate for most of today’s computers, it is important that:

  • the speed of the processor would be at least 2,5 GHz;
  • that the operating memory would be not less than 4GB or even better – 8GB;
  • it would be possible to connect an Internet camera, microphone, earphones or speakers to the computer;
  • the computer would be connected to the Internet.

How to Use MRU Recommended Video Tools?

Most often lecturers use BigBlueButton (BBB), which is integrated in the Moodle environment. In order to become better acquainted with this video streaming tool, connect to Moodle and read the BBB manual. You can also watch a video in English. Many lecturers also use the Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) programme.

Where Can I Find Recordings of Activity Sessions?

If the Lecturer uses the online learning – web conference tool, BigBlueButton, then you will find recordings by pressing on the connection link. If other recording means are used – please see the links that are provided in your studies subject environment. If you have any questions, contact your lecturer.

MRU Library


The Library provides all the services and is open to the users.

  • Monday – Friday 8:00 – 19:00
  • Saturday 9:00 – 18:00

Where to get help, when I have questions?

  • Questions on borrowing term renewal, return of books, payment of late return fees, etc. – Information Desk at the Library, by phone +370 5 271 4599 or e-mail:
  • Questions on information search and electronic resources – ask a Subject Librarian.
  • All the relevant information and e-resources available on the Library website.



Books are issued and returned through the side entrance in the University courtyard (glass door next to the cafe).


  • Order books in advance: fill in the electronic form and e-mail it to ;
  • Come to take your ordered books only after you get a confirmation letter;
  • Ordered books are kept at the Library for 3 working days;
  • Have your ID when you arrive.


  • Monday – Friday 8:30 – 18:30
  • Saturday 9:30 – 17:30

Please call +370 5 271 4599 when you arrive.


  • Monday – Saturday 8:00 – 22:00

You can return books using the Drop Box at the side entrance in the University courtyard.


Vaccination in other countries 

If you have been vaccinated with a vaccine recognised in the EU: 

  • you can generate an EU COVID Digital Certificate via your countries e-health system (EU member countries); 
  • vaccination certificates issued by other countries (non-EU member countries) are used for validation instead of the National Certificate. 

If you have been vaccinated with a vaccine not recognised in the EU, one of the following requirements must be met: 

  • you must get a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result not more than 48 hours earlier (from the moment of sampling);
  • get a vaccine in Lithuania.

Vaccination in Lithuania  

All the Lithuanian citizens may be vaccinated in Lithuania against COVID-19, regardless of their place or country of residence, as well as other persons, who: 

  • have compulsory health insurance (whether the person is insured, it is possible to check here); 
  • have declared the place of residence;
  • the citizens of the Member States of the European Union or the European Free Trade Association and their family members, who have come to live in the Republic of Lithuania for more than 3 months in a half of year and who have acquired the right to reside in the Republic of Lithuania, or who are changing their place of residence in the Republic of Lithuania;
  • the citizens of other foreign countries and persons without citizenship, who have the document permitting them to reside in the Republic of Lithuania, who have come to live in the Republic of Lithuania, or who are changing their place of residence in the Republic of Lithuania;
  • the persons, who have declared their place of residence for some definite period or who have been included into the list of persons, who have not declared their place of residence after the set period;
  • are accredited and residing in Lithuania; 
  • persons who have national visa; 
  • other persons who have to be vaccinated in the procedure defined by the Minister of Health. 

Documents that may support your right to vaccination and are issued to the foreigners who live in Lithuania in certification of their legal presence in the country: 

  • Temporary residence permit; 
  • Permanent residence permit; 
  • Card of the EU citizen’s family member; 
  • EU certificate of the right of residence.­­­ 

Registration for a vaccine when a person has a Lithuanian personal number 

The foreigners with the personal number should register for vaccination online or by calling the Hot Line by +37066011808. 

Registration for a vaccine when a person does not have a Lithuanian personal number 

It is possible to get vaccinated: 

  • in the vaccine-buses without pre-registration. The schedule and locations of the vaccine-buses in Vilnius can be found here;
  • by  live queue” principle at „Litexpo“ vaccination centre (Laisves av. 5, Mon-Fr, 9.00 am – 7.00 pm) and Lukiškės square vaccination point (Mon-Sat, 10.00 am – 8.00 pm;
  • „Rezus” point (Shopping Mall „Ozas“, Ozo str. 18);
  • „Rezus” point (Ausros Vartai str. 27);
  • Pharmacy „Eurovaistinė“ (Ukmerges str. 282);
  • Pharmacy „Gintarinė vaistinė “ (P. Baublio str. 2);
  • Pharmacy „Camelia“ (Vikingu str. 3);
  • Pharmacy „Camelia“ (Savanoriu av. 1);
  • Pharmacy „BENU“ (Kedru str. 4-101) 

In all mentioned cases of vaccination, it is necessary to have an identity document and a Study document (proof of enrollment, can be electronic version) with you. If you are arriving for a re-vaccination, you must also have a document certifying the vaccination with the first dose of COVID-19 issued by the foreign competent authority. 

After the full vaccination, a certificate of done vaccination can be generated by the medical institution, which is responsible for the vaccination. Please, do not forget to ask the nurse or medical staff for the vaccination certificate after you are fully vaccinated. It will be printed for you at your vaccination point. This vaccination certificate is an alternative to the National Certificate. 

All the information about vaccination in Lithuania can be followed here. 

COVID-19 tests in Lithuania

Clinics in Vilnius and Kaunas, where you can get a semiquantitatives SeroCP and quantitatives SeroCP test (antibodies test) and SARS-CoV-2 PCR test: 

  • Antėja, 
    SARS-CoV-2 PCR test – 79 € 
    Semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test – 22 € 
    Prie-registration via or +370 700 77 833 
    Clinics in Vilnius: Viršuliškių g. 65A and Kareivių g. 9 
    Clinics in Kaunas: Žemaičių pl. 37 and Veiverių g. 142 
  • „Medicina practica“ laboratory, 
    SARS-CoV-2 PCR test – 75 € 
    Semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test – 19 € 
    Prie-registration via  +370 5 250 7744 or (Mon-Fr, 08:00 am-5:00 pm) 
    Clinic in Vilnius: Antakalnio g. 72 
    Clinic in Kaunas: Varnių g. 38 – 3 
    SARS-CoV-2 PCR test – 75 € 
    Semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test – 25 € 
    Prie-registration via  +370 650 19911 
    Clinic in Vilnius: Žirmūnų g. 107 
  • Medical Diagnostics and Treatment Center, 
    SARS-CoV-2 PCR test – 79 € 
    Semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test – 20 € 
    Prie-registration via +370 698 00 000 
    Clinic in Vilnius: V. Grybo g. 32A

    SARS-CoV-2 PCR test – 70 €
    Semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test – 21 €
    Prie-registration via +370 685 39 801 or +370 682 05 399, via internet:  
    Clinic in Vilnius: Kalvarijų g. 137A-15
    SARS-CoV-2 PCR test – 76 €
    Semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test – 14,80 €
    Prie-registration via +37062211201
    Clinic in Kaunas: S. Žukausko g. 2b
  • You can also get tested at Vilnius Airport. For more information visit here.  

If you do tests in Lithuania, you do not need to get an additional certificate of the test in Clinic – a document of test result is enough (this document can be used only in Lithuania). Also, it is a document that is valid and required in order to participate in contact study activities in University. 

All tests are done at your own expenses. 


If one student is infected in a group or class, must all of the students that were together in the lecture or seminar with this person isolate?

According to the updated Order, from Jan. 24th, you will have to isolate in the event that the person had contact with a person living together. In this case isolation will take place for 7 days. Those at work, who had a contact with this person, will not need to isolate. However the recommendation remains regarding testing, remote work and other COVID-19 illness prevention means. It is recommended to take a self-test three times or a fast antigen test, if you find out about contact, after 48-72 hours or after 48 hours.

Who is covered by the isolation exemption after contact with the ill person?

Persons who had contact with a person who is living together and who is ill with COVID-19, will have to isolate despite their immunization status – vaccinated persons will also need to isolate. The exemption is valid for 90 days period for persons who have been sick with COVID-19, which have been diagnosed with the illness with a positive PCR or fast antigen test, undertaken in a laboratory.

If a student, due to self-isolation, can‘t participate in studies‘ activities:

the student must inform the Lecturer about mandatory self-isolation. In that event, the lecturer broadcasts his lectures via Moodle in the subject platform (MS Teams, BBB), so that those students that can not participate in activities, can view the event remotely live. The Lecturer doesn‘t have to assure such a student‘s inclusion in the studies process.

If a majority of students in a group are in self-isolation:

then, if there is such a request sent to the Dean by the student group, such a student group‘s studies are transferred to remote, but not longer than for a 2-week period. The student groups‘ request is sent to the Dean via e-mail to the studies manager.

How will exams take place, if a student is in self-isolation?

Being in a state of self-isolation is an objective reason, why a student can‘t show up for exams, which are held face-to-face. To have the interim exam transferred to a different time, the student must contact the Lecturer. Regarding final exams (Pass/Fail) transfer to another time, the student must make a written request to the Dean. (Studies Result Evaluation Order 16th line). Please note that the decision whether the examination will take place (face-to-face or remotely) is made by the Lecturer. Therefore, it is recommended that a student who is in self-isolation first contact the Lecturer asking to allow the examination to take place remotely.

How do you prove to the administration, that a student is sick with COVID-19?

It is enough to submit an official document attesting to the illness (a copy from the e-health system or an official positive test result). This document is attached to the request to the Dean.

What do you do, if you have a positive COVID-19 result?

–Having received a positive PCR result for COVID-19 it is first of all necessary to isolate and contact your family physician, who will consult you regarding your health state and determine the medication and the number of days in isolation, if necessary. The doctor can also issue a certificate attesting to the illness for work purposes.

–It is NECESSARY to fill out the infected persons form at: in which you are asked to fill out all necessary information – how you were infected, places you visited and the contact you had with other people living with you.

–It is necessary to inform the Community Wellbeing Center about each illness by writing

I had contact with a person infected and sick at home, do I have to fill out any type of form?

Until your sick family member fills out the form atvejo anketos you do not need to fill out anything.

After that, when the sick family member fills out the form and indicates the names of you and other family members as those he/she had contact with, each family member will receive an SMS message, which will indicate a link to another form that is for you. It is necessary to fill out this form so that you would be included in the isolated persons register and that you could contact the National Public Health Service (NVSC) for the document allowing you to temporarily not go to work.

Who is responsible for determining need for isolation and how long does it take?

The family doctor determines whether isolation is needed for a COVID-19 infected person. The doctor also determines the length of treatment and duration of isolation.

If I had COVID-19 disease (coronavirus infection), but successfully recovered from it, what documentation do I need to attend University premises and participate in contact study activities? 

If a person had COVID-19 disease (coronavirus infection):

  • the diagnosis must be confirmed on the basis of a positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR test or antigen test, and no more than 210 days have elapsed since the positive test result;
  • receive a positive response to semiquantitative SeroCP and quantitative SeroCP test in less than 60 days in which anti-S, anti-S1 or anti-RCD IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 are detected.

Is the COVID-19 test free of charge? 

No, testing for COVID-19 available only at your own expense. The list of clinics in Vilnius and Kaunas can be found in the section above.

Is self-isolation mandatory from the day of arrival in the Republic of Lithuania? 

Self-isolation requirement depends on a country you come from and its classification regarding COVID-19 situation (green, yellow, grey or red zone). All the updated information and the list of the countries can be found here. 

When you find your country, you can see what self-isolation requirements are applied. In most cases, for those, who are not vaccined with the vaccines that are recognised in the EU, a COVID-19 test is mandatory (only PCR test or antigen test is recognised, while serological antibody test result is not recognised). 

Duration of self-isolation is 7 days.

What should I do if I vaccinated (with recognised vaccine in the EU) and my arrival day in Lithuania is earlier than obligatory 14-day period after the vaccination is finished? 

If vaccinated (with recognised vaccine in the EU) individuals self-isolate because the 14-day period after the vaccination has not yet passed on the day of arrival in Lithuania, they may reduce the self-isolation period once the 14-day period has passed after the administration of the vaccine dose: 

  • the second dose of the vaccine under the two-dose vaccination schedule (“Comirnaty” (Pfizer), “COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna” or “Vaxzevria” (AstraZeneca);
  • one dose under the single-dose vaccination schedule (“COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen”); 
  • at least one dose administered to those with the past COVID-19 disease (coronavirus infection) confirmed by a positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result. 

Is it possible to participate in contact study activities after the first dose of the vaccine (from two doses vaccination)? 

It is important that the type of the vaccine is recognised in the European Union. Only “Comirnaty” (Pfizer), “COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna”, “COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen” or “Vaxzevria” (AstraZeneca) vaccines will let students to participate in contact study activities. 

It is possible to attend University premises and participate in contact study activities: 

  • after one week from the vaccination with the second dose of „Comirnaty“ or „Spikevax“ (under the two-dose vaccination schedule); 
  • after two weeks from the vaccination with the „COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen“ vaccine (under the single-dose vaccination schedule); 
  • after four weeks but no longer than 13 weeks from the vaccination with the first dose of „Vaxzevria“ vaccine; 
  • after one week from the vaccination with the second dose of „Vaxzevria“ vaccine;
  • after two weeks from the vaccination with the first dose of „Comirnaty“, „Spikevax“ or „Vaxzevria“ for those, who had COVID-19 disease (coronavirus infection) and the diagnosis has been confirmed on the basis of a positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR test. 

If you wish to attend University premises and participate in contact study activities before the time periods, mentioned above, you can get a negative paid SARS-CoV-2 test result, which is valid for 48 hours after the sample is collected. 

If I am vaccinated under the two-dose vaccination schedule with one dose of the vaccine, which is recognised in the EU, and the other dose of the vaccine, which is not recognised in the EU (or vice versa), is it possible for me to attend University premises and participate in contact study activities? 

No, only persons with a full vaccination (under the single-dose or two-dose vaccination schedule) with the vaccine, recognised in the EU can attend University premises and participate in contact study activities. 

In other cases, a person must: 

  • have a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result, which is valid for 48 hours after the sample is collected;  
  • have been vaccinated with one of the vaccines recognised in the EU (“Comirnaty” (Pfizer), “COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna”, “COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen” or “Vaxzevria” (AstraZeneca). 

Can I get the second dose of the vaccine, recognised in the EU, if I have already got  the first dose of the vaccine, recognised in the EU, in other country? 

Yes, in Lithuania you can get a second dose of the vaccine, recognised in the EU, if you have a document, prooving your first dose of the vaccine. 

What to do in the case of COVID-19?

1.Isolate yourself immediately.
2.Contact the Coronavirus Hot Line by +37066011808 or contact your family doctor.
3.Inform the Students House administrator (only if you live there) tel. no. +37052714562; +37052761653.

The administration of the Students House will contact you and inform you about further actions

All cases must be reported to MRU Community Well Being Center by e-mail:

More useful information can be found here: