Looking to cement your knowledge in economic or financial theory? Searching for what to study after your master degree? Thought of ways that global economy could be improved and want to research them? Want to pursue detailed macroeconomic analysis and share your findings with the scientific and business community?
If you have strongly considered any of the above questions, perhaps you are ready to pursue your doctoral degree in Economics. If you have questions that you’re absolutely must delve into and research, you have come to the right place. MRU is implementing a joint study programme together with three other universities in order to help you become an expert in your economics field. You will conduct these studies in English, so you can contribute your research to the international body of knowledge about economics. To take full advantage of this program, you will be required to show your English level at least at C1.
Doctoral studies and their duration depend on the form of studies you choose: full-time studies (4 years) or part-time studies (6 years). Persons who have independently prepared a doctoral dissertation (or monograph) and have scientific publications can obtain a doctoral degree externally (within 1 year).
In order to successfully complete doctoral studies and obtain a doctoral degree after defending a doctoral dissertation, you will need to pass the exams, publish at least two scientific articles in scientific publications, present research findings at least two international conferences, and do an internship at foreign research and study institution.
Your dissertation preparation and research will be supervised by a scientific supervisor who is a specialist in his/her field.
Finally, you will find that MRU offers a low tuition fee and scholarship opportunities, depending on your field. Go through the acceptance requirements and see if this research path is what you are looking for. And if it is, don’t hesitate and apply!
PhD studies and research are coordinated by the Doctoral Committee of Economics. Contact Social Innovations Doctoral School that organizes the process of doctoral studies for more information.
2023 ADDITIONAL ADMISSION
Documents are accepted until 29 October 2023 by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by tel. +370 5 271 4459; +370 5 271 4469; +370 659 510 30.
Please register to receive updates about the admission: https://forms.office.com/r/quTpxa2d8t
- If the original educational documents/transcripts are in English, Lithuanian, French or Russian with an apostille (if required) on the scanned original, no translation needed.
- If original educational documents/transcripts are not in English, Lithuanian, French or Russian languages, then they have to be supplemented with an official translation.
- The official translation has to be confirmed with the sworn translator’s signature or official notarization.
- Accepted students shall present their original educational documents/transcripts to the International Office upon arrival to begin their studies.
Recognition of Foreign Qualifications
- The evaluation and recognition of prior qualifications are a part of Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) admission process.
- By submitting the application you confirm that the documents are legitimate and that MRU can verify the authenticity of the documents by contacting its issuing authority and national ENIC/NARIC centre.
- Submitted documents must be in good condition and in full colour. Documents issued in languages other than English, French, Russian or Lithuanian must be accompanied with an official translation into English or Lithuanian.
- Before you apply make sure that you have a complete documentation package and that your qualifications are giving access to doctoral studies.
- The purpose of an assessment is to compare a foreign qualification with a similar level qualification awarded in Lithuania according to quality, profile, content, workloads and learning outcomes.
- Your qualification will be assessed according to specific requirements for the programme you are applying for and whether your academic results are sufficient for studies at the MRU.
Right to Appeal
Recognition decisions can be appealed against to the Academic Recognition of Foreign Qualifications Concerning Higher Education Appeal Committee under the Lithuanian Ministry of Education and Science.
All appeals with supporting documents must be submitted to:
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
Tel. +370 5 210 4778
Address: SKVC, A. Goštauto st. 12, LT-01108, Vilnius, Lithuania
For doctoral students admitted from 2020: Regulations of Doctoral Studies in Economics science field at Vytautas Magnus University in cooperation with ISM University of Management and Economics, Mykolas Romeris University and Šiauliai University
For doctoral students admitted from 2011: Regulations of Doctoral studies in Economics Science Field at Vytautas Magnus University together with Aleksandras Stulginskis University, ISM University of Management and Economics, Mykolas Romeris University and Šiauliai University