June 22nd, 2022, following graduation ceremonies on campus, Mykolas Romeris University's best of the best were honoured with Certificates and Awards including Student of the Year, Lecturer of the Year and more. The MRU traditional event marked the closing of the academic year, while celebrating the best of the best at the University.
Winners in the following categories were announced:
- „Publication of the Year“ – Law Prof. Ieva Deviatnikovaitė. History of Administrative Court in Lithuania 1918-1940 (Administracinio teismo istorija Lietuvoje 1918-1940.)
- „Dissertation of the Year“ – Dr. Neringa Bagdonaitė. Psychological Theory-Based Theory of Creating the Identity of Alcohol-Dependent Women: Internal Separation in Creating an Illusionary Identity.
- „Bachelor's Degree Research Paper of the Year“ – Indrė Maniušytė. Green COVID ID-Card: Ensuring the Protection of Personal Data and Application Issues During COVID-19 Period.
- „Master's Degree Research Paper of the Year“ – Kornelija Mažulytė. Protection of the Rights and Fundamental Freedoms Guaranteed by the European Convention on Human Rights During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- „Most Sports-minded MRU Member“ – Senate Chairman Prof. Dr. Romas Prakapas.
- „Initiative of the Year“ – Support for Ukrainian refugees.
- „Event of the Year“ – MRU naktis (organizers -MRU Student Representative Body).
- „Year's Most International Activity“ – Community Well-Being Centre's volunteer activities and organization of accomodation for ukrainians, support and, cultural event organization.
- „Student of the Year“ – Faculty of Human and Social Studies student Ugnė Krikščiūnaitė.
- „Staff Member of the Yr.“ – Law School manager Kristina Bernatavičienė.
- „Team of the Year“ – MRU Law School Team.
- „Year's Most Attractive Studies Programme in English“ – Bachelor's Degree programme, „Communication and Digital Marketing“ (Programme Head Gintarė Gulevičiūtė).
- „Year's Most Attractive Studies Programme in Lithuanian“ – Bachelor's Degree programme, „Law and Criminalistics“ (Programme Head Prof. Dr. Snieguolė Matulienė).
- „Lecturer of the Year“ – Law School Assoc. Prof. Dr. Juozas Valčiukas.
- „Department Head of the Year“ – Public Law Institute Head Assoc. Prof. Dr. Juozas Valčiukas.
MRU Rector Prof. Inga Žalėnienė presented a Certificate of Appreciation to Dr. Stephen Ray Smith from the U.S. for support in helping with planning of MRU Activities.
Congratulations to all winners!