Funding and Scholarships
MRU seeks to ensure that all of our students receive high quality education regardless of their financial situation, therefore, please find all the available scholarships for prospective international students listed below.
- All the listed scholarships are funded either by the Government of Lithuania or Mykolas Romeris University
- There might be additional funding from students’ countries of origin
- All EU citizens are able to apply for state funded studies
- Scholarships for current international students are listed here
Each year, the Education Exchanges Support Foundation opens applications for Lithuanian state scholarships for international full-time Master’s degree students accepted at Lithuanian higher education institutions.
The scholarship includes a monthly stipend and a grant covering study costs.
Criteria and more information here.
Who can apply: applicants for Bachelor degree studies who are citizens or permanent residents of Brazil, Colombia, Argentine, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Georgia (Sakartvelo), Paraguay.
Financial provisions: scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the whole period of Bachelor degree studies* for students accepted in the academic year 2024/2025.
Criteria: the tuition fee waiver will be given to the best applicants according to their competitive grade and other academic achievements.
*The tuition fee waiver will be cancelled if a student has at least one academic debt.
Who can apply: applicants for Bachelor or Master degree studies who are citizens of Kazakhstan.
Financial provisions: full tuition fee coverage for the whole study period.
– excellent academic results from previous education
– English language proficiency (at least B2 level)
– 1 recommendation letter from teacher who is well aware of candidate’s academic excellence
– statement from the Center for International Programs or from Bolashaq Development Fund that a candidate is pre-selected for scholarship
Who can apply: Bachelor or Master degree students regardless of their country and type of study financing.
Financial provisions: The size of the scholarship varies from 27,5 EUR to 1650 EUR depending on the particular scholarship type.
Criteria: very good learning results and active involvement in sports, artistic, scientific and social activities.
Who can apply: best-performing Bachelor or Master degree students (state-funded and non state-funded) from target foreign countries*
Financial provisions: 1,5 BSB (1 BSB = €55) provided 2 times per year (autumn semester (September-January)/ spring semester (February-June)) and is paid monthly.
Criteria: best-performing students in the academic unit are determined each semester by their learning results (average of the last session grades – at least 8). With a uniform weighted average of the last session, the overall weighted average of the ratings for the previous session is taken into account, and if it is the same, the entry score.
*list of the countries is approved by the Rector on the proposal of the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs
The doctoral education is financed by state assignations and tuition fees.
The state also provides competitive financing opportunities that are organized by the Research Council of Lithuania. These programmes offer funding for candidate’s internships, participation in national as well as international scientific events abroad, and also financing for academic staff visiting Lithuania to deliver lectures for doctoral students and to participate in doctoral thesis defense.
Additional financial support to doctoral candidates may be provided on the bases of the national or international programmess, ex. Erasmus, The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) and etc.
- Azerbaijan, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Republic of South Africa, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, the USA, Vietnam.
- Foreigners of Lithuanian origin (from all foreign countries).